Next Step Program
The Gayęnawahsra program has seven units which offer safe, temporary housing to individuals and families who choose to live independently and violence free. We assist with the maintenance, revitalization and enhancement of families while living within a safe environment.
The program provides:
- Group programming with a Gayęnawahsra counsellor
- Holistic approaches based on Ogwehoweh teachings that integrate the mind, body, and spirit
- Life skills certificate based group sessions.
- Support to individuals and their children by providing education in a caring and non-judgmental manner
- One on one counselling, as well as educational counselling, advocacy and appropriate referrals as required
- Opportunities that are based on the needs of the individual and their personal healing journey