Frequently Asked Question

Do you have any beds/space?
You will have to contact us directly and ask us if we have any beds available, as the answer can change from day to day. Call 519-445-4324, email or contact us via the website. If you are in need of emergency shelter, please call 519-445-4324.

I’m calling about the PARS program, how do I register?
You can call us at 519-445-4324 and ask to speak to an intake worker, email, or contact us via the website. Your request will be directed to the appropriate staff.

How do I donate to Ganǫhkwásra ?
Cash, money orders and cheques are accepted. Cheques can be made out to “Ganohkwasra Family Assault Support Services”

Who do I contact about student placements in Ganǫhkwásra?
We’re not taking student placements or volunteers at this time due to COVID 19.

Does Ganǫhkwásra take part in research participation?
No we do not.

How do I request a presentation and/or training you offer?
You can call 519-445-4324, email, or contact us via the website. Your request will be directed to the appropriate person.

How do I lodge a complaint about the organization?
Complaints need to be received in writing and signed by the complainant. It must be marked “confidential” attention “Executive Director” and can be mailed or dropped off at Ganohkwasra. Click here for more information.

Do I have to be Indigenous to work at Ganǫhkwásra?
You don’t have to be Indigenous to work at Ganohkwasra, however, preference is given to applicants of native ancestry.

How do we differ from other main stream agencies?
Our programs use a variety of therapeutic modalities and integrate traditional Haudenosaunee teachings as part of the healing process whereas mainstream agencies use a more clinical approach. Our holistic approach encompasses the mental, physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of the individual and their healing journey.

What’s the process to access your services and/or counseling?
Call 519-445-4324 and speak to one of our Intake Workers, who will help direct you to the services you are seeking.

Where are you located?
Ganohkwasra is located on the Six Nations Reserve. Our address is 1781 Chiefswood Road, Ohsweken, Ontario, Canada.

Do clients have to be Indigenous to access your services?
It depends on the services being sought, however, preference will be given to members of the Six Nations of the Grand River and Mississaugas of the Credit First Nations.

Are you a SNEC organization?
Ganohkwasra does not operate under the Six Nations Elected Council.

Do you offer shelter and counselling to men?
We offer shelter to men and their families who are seeking to live violence free lives. We offer counselling to men who have been victims of abuse, or to those who have been the abuser and are seeking healing for their path forward.

What we offer


Are you seeking safety from violence? Click here


Ready to begin your healing journey? Click here.

Programs and Services

Do you need family court or other supports? Click here.

Community Education

Interested in our education or training programs? Click here.

Let's put an end to family violence together.


Family Assault Support Services

1781 Chiefswood Rd., Ohsweken, Ontario

24 HR SUPPORT LINE - 519-445-4324